How to Pack Moving Boxes
Packing is no doubt among the most boring, tiresome, challenging, and problematic tasks involved in all types of moving situation. If you will be moving to your new house in a new state or city or new office location, it is obvious that you will have plenty of belongings and stuff that will require proper boxing and packing. Knowing how to pack boxes is a must as this will ensure damage-free and safe transit of goods to the new location. As far as packing things is concerned, people usually find themselves helpless. After all, this is no fun chore that many people are fond of. It requires expert hands.
To take the load off your shoulders, here are several suggestions and tips on how to pack boxes life a pro when moving to a new home or office location.
* Make sure you have lots of packing and moving supplies handy. The packing supplies you will need include boxes, cartons, wrapping sheets, bubble wrap, tissue papers or newspapers, scissors, packaging tape, labeling stickers, marking pen, and others. See to it that you use only good quality packing materials. You can inquire from your movers for their recommended boxing and packing supplies.
* Choose the right type and size of strong boxes and cartons. Use smaller cartons for packing heavier items. These items can be your canned food, books, record albums, and the like. Use recommended cartons or boxes in order to pack stuff such as glass tops, mirrors, glass shelves, mattresses, clocks, large pictures, and others.
* If you will be moving locally, there might be no need for you to pack some of your items. These can include mattresses, clocks, mirrors, glass shelves, glass tops, and large pictures. In general, these items are only packed for the long distance moves. Lamp shades or lamps must be packed all the time whether it is for a short or long distance move.
* Pack one room at a time. Never try packing all the items in one room at a time or in one day. Doing so will only make you extremely tired, or you might not be able to pack all the rooms.
* Make sure that you tape the bottom part of cartons and boxes firmly and properly with the use of enough layer of high quality packaging tape. Place the heavy items on the bottom part of the box and place the lighter ones on top of them to prevent any damage. Try to use lots of padding materials, papers, wrapping sheets, or bubble wraps to prevent damages. Put fragile or breakable items with extra care in boxes and cartons, and fill them correctly. Close and seal the boxes using heavy duty packaging tape. Also, label every box correctly and properly.
Hopefully, these suggestions and tips on how to pack boxes will be of great help to you in packing your items when preparing for your move to a new home, or a new office location in a new state or city.Contact us Moving Estimate